NOTE: No two periodic tables are the same. Therefore, all the data for this table are in line with Wikipedia.org.
7/5/2006: Now with French localization by Stephane Rouet and Ronald Leroux
What is Smell-O-Mints?
Smell-O-Mints is a Periodic table of the elements for the Macintosh.
It's not as full-featured as a lot of other Periodic tables out there,
but it's free and looks very nice. Especially if you put it next to the
coffee table by the ferns.
What does it do? How does it work?
It's just a periodic table of all the chemical elements known at this
time. Click on an element symbol to get a little more information on the
item, like atomic weight, radioactive properties, and atomic number.
You can use the popup menu to switch between the basic table and a table
of solids, liquids and gasses, and more.
Why doesn't it have many options?
There aren't a lot of data associated with each element, and that's
intentional. I have no desire to take money from those who sell
shareware Periodic Tables. Actually, it has a few more options added
since I rewrote it in Cocoa.
How much does it cost?
Free, but you can donate some cash if you wish. Choose "Send Donation" from the application menu to go to my PayPal account.
Version 2.3.2: Bug fix: progress window now properly closes when finished loading.
Version 2.3: Universal binary version.
• Nothing major: an option to use the brushed metal look has been added.
• Spelling of Nobelium fixed (thanks to Jesús Maíz Apellániz).
• All strings are now localized. Just waiting for people to create localized versions now.
• German localization added courtesy of Andreas Häne. Thanks Andreas!
• Some very minor interface enhancements.
• Electron Distribution added to element information (at the request of some users).
• Edit->Copy now copies selected element info to clipboard.
• Now works with Mac OS X 10.2.x
• Sounds are back (again, at the request of some users).
• Application size reduced by almost 50%
• Fixed an issue where the fonts for Atomic Number are illegible.
• Many spelling errors and incorrect information have been fixed.
• As of this version, all atomic weights are taken from Wikipedia.org.
• Thanks to Sid Cave and Stephen Cave for their help in finding incorrect information, spelling errors and other bugs.
• Completely rewritten from the ground up in Cocoa (thank god).
• Many other changes including updating some old info, addition of
Period rows, more table views, and for some reason, the ability to view
the element symbols in Simplified Chinese.
Mac OS X 10.4.x or higher, 1mb disk space, lungs.
Smell-O-Mints is 159% Freeware. Smell-O-Mints may be freely distributed,
as long as no fees are collected for it. You do not have to contact
StimpSoft™ or the author for permission to distribute this application.
Actually, I would prefer it if you just left me alone.
Disclaimer: StimpSoft™ and its "employees"
are NOT responsible for any damage, loss, tooth-decay, sexual
dysfunction, warts, plague of locusts or cat infestation that may occur
from using this application.